First we must thank Jeff from World Class Bullshitters for coming up with the initial idea for someone to map this out, when Ethan Van Sciver mentioned that all of the “Gates” had a similar pattern.
Since publishing my initial blog post which outlined The Phases of a Geeker Gate, I’ve received feedback and criticism from Ethan Van Sciver, Veeh, World Class Bullshitters, various commenters on this blog, and others. So I’m going to update these Phases one more time, taking into account that feedback and criticism, and adding a few additional thoughts of my own.
This will always be a work in progress, as SJW tactics shift and change over time. So it’s going to be up to fandom to take this information which I’ve based on my own experience and research, and feedback from others, and keep it updated.
My primary interest is in film and television. So others that are more deeply involved in comics, novelizations, video games, board games, role playing games, card games, etc., may have additional insight. Getting the input of an avid war gamer will be particularly helpful in developing effective counter measure strategies in order to effectively push back the SJW hordes.
In this outline, IP stands for Intellectual Property, and is meant to be a general term to encompass many different types of franchises and industries.
You can read the 1st draft of the Geeker Gate here, and the 2nd draft here.
Your local college is producing these uneducated savages.
THE PHASES OF A GEEKER GATE
1. SJW CRITICISM – A popular IP is criticized by SJWs for being racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, and a smattering of other things. This will often manifest in media articles and academic papers which push this false narrative. This phase can take place over the course of years, or even decades.
2. IP IS ABOUT TO UNDERGO REBOOT – or reimagining, or remake, or whatever term is fashionable at the time. The rebooted production will tout “firsts,” first female, first person of color, first LGBTQ+, etc., even if the IP has already had them before. They do this to contrast their new version as far more virtuous and progressive than the previous version, which they spent years or decades labeling as racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, etc.
3. THE BARNACLING – SJWs barnacle themselves to the IP within the production, and start transforming the IP from its original form. SJWs sometimes refer to this strategy as entryism. Production staff make claims that long time customers will stay with the IP no matter what the changes are. SJWs outside of the production barnacle themselves to the customer base, and start lecturing long time customers. Shill media SJWs write articles pontificating about how diversity is good business and touting diversity “firsts,” without regard to the fact that the IP may have already been diverse for years or decades.
4. CUSTOMER CRITICISM – Long time customers of the IP voice legitimate criticism of the new direction.
5. SJW RESPONSE TO CUSTOMER CRITICISM – A large customer backlash is created when SJWs both inside of the production, and outside of it in the customer base and shill media, falsely accuse critics of being racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, etc., usually to protect a criticized political message being pushed by the newly transformed IP that the customer base is criticizing. SJWs will also attempt to stigmatize use of the term “SJW” as a pejorative, so that you’re unable to identify the problem and articulate points. SJWs will completely ignore female, people of color, and LGBTQ+ critics, and/or marginalize their voices.
6. DISMISSING AND IGNORING THE BACKLASH – Shill media publishes pieces declaring that the backlash doesn’t exist. Shill media also publishes pieces instructing others to ignore the “tiny vocal minority,” some of whom used to be the old “gatekeepers” of the community.
7. SUPPRESSING THE BACKLASH – Blogs, internet forums, social media, and other websites delete or otherwise “redact” critical comments and posts in discussion forums under the aegis of “hate speech,” and may even engage in the complete banning of accounts. Some websites remove their comments sections altogether.
8. BACKLASH INTENSIFIES – As an inevitable side effect of suppression the Streisand Effect takes hold, as customers seek out other venues to express their criticism, and some publish their own, growing the backlash exponentially.
9. HATE HOAXES, FALSE FLAGS & CLONED ACCOUNTS – The rank and file SJW activists in the customer base get heavily involved in shouting down critics, and creating hate hoaxes and false flags in an effort to discredit those critics. Such efforts are also intended to be picked up by shill media outlets, which will then report on them to further mischaracterize the critical customers. SJWs will create cloned social media and discussion forum accounts that mimic known critical voices, in an attempt to discredit them and/or divert payments/donations for products or causes away from the critical customer. SJWs will often operate hidden forums where these tactics are organized.
10. ESCALATION OF ATTACKS – SJWs will report posts as spam or a violation of rules, and attempt to get social media accounts suspended, and posts deleted. SJWs will start to send out false press releases to rival websites in an effort to discredit their critical competitors. SJWs will begin to search through public records such as child support or foreclosures in an effort to embarrass loud voices, a practice known as doxing. SJWs will send out phishing attempts in an effort to gain personal information. SJWs may attempt to contact the workplaces of loud voices, in an attempt to punish critical customers financially for speaking out. SJWs may attack normal people with physical violence.
11. IP FAILURES – The IP starts to falter as customers start to drift away and sales begin to plummet. This is either due to a drop in quality of the IP, or the poor treatment of the customers, or a combination of both.
12. THE DAMSEL IN DISTRESS – A female member of the production (it could also be a member of the LGBTQ+ community) is granted victim status over a fishy event in order to deflect from the failures of the IP, and shame critical customers into silence. The damsel in distress is used as a political pawn both by the SJWs inside the IP, and the SJWs outside of the IP in the customer base and shill media. If the first Damsel In Distress doesn’t quite work, another one will come.
13. DESPERATE PLEAS FOR COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT – “White Knights” in the shill media call for creative authorities to smack down the backlash, and restore control of the narrative in response to The Damsel In Distress event. Shill media publishes multiple articles with the same talking points and catchphrases such as “toxic fan base” or “bad faith” in an effort to mischaracterize the customer base. Major news outlets report on the story, and quote those “think” pieces as authoritative.
14. ANSWERING THE CALL – Celebrity and creative cast & crew SJWs inside of the IP answer the shill media’s call, and make public statements admonishing critical customers, typically over false accusations. Critical customers will respond to the admonishments, and SJWs will call that response “abuse” and/or “harassment,” sometimes alluding to the notion that “creatives” deserve special consideration. Remember, what SJWs call “abuse” and/or “harassment” when customers do it, they call “activism” when they do it.
15. THE FINAL PUSH – Shill media entities, and rank and file SJWs tell long time customers to go find something else if they don’t like it anymore, in a last ditch effort to push critics out of the “community” once and for all. “Don’t like it, don’t buy it.”
16. IP BLEEDING – The IP starts to hemorrhage money, as long time customers begin to abandon the IP in droves.
17. CUSTOMER BASE OBLITERATION – The customer base is utterly destroyed, leaving behind only the small handful of SJWs who don’t make any purchases.
18. THE END – The new incarnation of the IP comes to an end. Since the majority of the customer base has abandoned it, there’s no more controversy or discussion about it. It’s over. The best case scenario is that the original IP is largely forgotten with the exception of a few die-hards who still carry the torch. The worst case scenario is that the new incarnation of the IP overwrites the original, and the original IP is forgotten altogether and overshadowed by the new incarnation in all future shill media mentions.
19. MIGRATION – The SJW is primarily interested in popular IPs that have a large audience, which can serve as a vehicle to spread their political message as widely as possible. Therefore, the remaining SJWs jump ship from the decimated IP, to devour a new IP that is popular and undergoing a transitional phase that they can barnacle themselves to through entryism.
20. REBIRTH – The process begins again, in the newly targeted IP. If normal creators have jumped ship from the targeted IP and start fresh in their own endeavors, SJWs will chase them down on the internet and in real life, to endlessly harass them in an effort to destroy their ability to make that new effort a success. The new effort will be maligned with the help of the SJW legacy media.
Sometimes these phases might be skipped, sometimes they may happen in a slightly different sequence.
Now, this isn’t just happening in geek IPs. It’s happening in every cultural institution in America, and it’s known as “The Long March Through The Culture.” So the Geeker Gate serves as a microcosm of what is happening in the much larger scale cultural civil war. To understand the foundational and historical basis for Geeker Gates, read this blog post here.
When SJWs start calling you a Nazi, remind them that it is them who more closely resemble that failed political ideology. You can read more about the Nazi’s genuine history here. When they try to connect you with the Ku Klux Klan, remind them of the Klan’s history, which you can read about here. When they start screeching about representation, tell them the narcissistic basis of needing representation, which you can read more about here.
Understanding SJW behavioral patterns in the Phases of a Geeker Gate, allows us to use that knowledge to develop countermeasures.
Some have suggested that there are Crisis Management Firms who orchestrate these events. If that is the case, then the fact of the matter is that they’re likely using critical customers to perpetuate controversy and generate artificial buzz over the IP, since the material itself just isn’t good enough to do that on its own. In which case there’s really only one real countermeasure available to us; to simply walk away and cease all purchasing of any products or services related to the IP immediately upon getting the very first whiff of SJW politics before any of this even starts, and to not comment on any of it at all. Offer them total and utter silence on the matter. Just walk away.
That’s a monumental task. Particularly with large customer bases that have people of varying perspectives. And frankly nearly impossible, given that most people have some natural fight in them. So I offer the following countermeasures for consideration. Again, it will be up to fandom to continue to update and develop these countermeasures.
Please keep in mind that these countermeasures are as of yet untested, and will need further refinement.
Here they are in no particular order:
1. OFFER ALTERNATIVES – During Phase 1 before the rebooting begins, when SJWs come sniffing around looking for gender and race issues, kindly suggest to them that the IP is not for them. Nicely offer alternative IPs that might be more to their liking, and even suggest that they might be talented enough to create their very own IP in their own SJW image. Honey works better than vinegar here.
2. CONTACTING THE IP MANAGEMENT– This is challenging, because SJWs are political activists and propagandists rather than genuine artists or entrepreneurs. Their primary concern of pushing a political message will always outweigh their desire for profit; a word that they often spit out as a pejorative. They see themselves as cultural managers or stewards, rather than blue collar workers producing a widget, or managers operating a business. So this will have limited effect once they take hold inside of an IP, but anything is worth a shot. As soon as the rebooting production begins, contact CEOs and other management and let them know that you will walk away from the IP if SJW politics are pushed, and that you’ll encourage others to do the same.
3. CONTACTING SHAREHOLDERS – This is more powerful than contacting anyone inside of the IP. The shareholders are motivated by profit because of their investment; they expect a return They are the ones with real power. It’s best to contact them when the rebooting process begins, to let them know you will walk away if SJW politics appear.
4. SEND SHAREHOLDERS THE PHASES – Very early on, send all the shareholders copies of The Phases of the Geeker Gate, so that they can watch it happen in real time as it occurs. This may help to create a sense of urgency in them.
5. CONTACTING MERCHANDISING MANAGEMENT – After SJW politics make an appearance, contact the management and CEOs of toy companies, book publishers, T-Shirt manufacturers, and any other merchants connected with the IP. Let them know that you’re walking away from the IP and their products because of the SJW politics being pushed, and that you’ll encourage others to do the same.
6. CONTACT ADVERTISERS – If there are any advertisers connected with the IP in any way, you can start a list of them and contact them, perhaps even going so far as to suggest a boycott of their products if they don’t withdraw advertising from the IP.
7. BOYCOTT – As soon as possible. Withhold your purchasing power from all films, toys, t-shirts, comics, novels, merchandise of any kind the very first moment that SJW politics appear. Do not give television or streaming shows any ratings. Encourage others to do the same, and inform the shareholders that you are doing this. If you really have to satisfy your craving for material related to the IP, purchase vintage material from eBay that was produced before the rebooting.
8. BUYCOTT – The opposite of a boycott. Purchase products and services from any personalities or entities who support your side, and encourage others to do the same. Advertise the fact that you’re using the money you’re saving from the boycott, to fund the parties who understand and support your criticisms.
9. DO NOT TOLERATE SUPPRESSION – Don’t tolerate months of having your posts deleted or being banned in online forums or elsewhere. They’ll do their very best to convince you that you’re the “bad actor.” Don’t believe them. Begin publishing your perspective on your own immediately upon experiencing the very first instance of suppression, in whatever media format you favor.
10. ENCOURAGE LEAKS – If there is a civil cultural war going on within the IP as well, then encourage those on your side who are inside the IP to leak information.
11. CREATE CONFLICT WITHIN THE IP – They’re going to do everything they can to get customers to fight amongst themselves. Return the favor. Pit celebrities and creatives against one another with their own public statements as often as possible. Celebrity A said something bad about celebrity B? Make sure celebrity B knows about it.
12. MONETIZE SJWs – Produce T-Shirts and mugs that mock, satirize, and/or lampoon commonly parroted SJW memes, buzzwords, and catchphrases. Earn a profit while doing so.
11. LAND, SEA & AIR – Customers have to fight this in all media forms; video on YouTube, audio podcasts, text on blogs and websites.
13. KEEP AN ARCHIVE – Understand, one reason that SJWs get away with much of this is that they constantly revise history. So someone has to archive events as they happen, along with accompanying investigations when they happen, and be ready to present those things when an attempt at revisionism occurs. It’s the very best way to discredit false narratives.
14. PRE-EMPT IP FAILURE NARRATIVES – Go on the offensive. During the rebooting production of Phase 2, if you have Q & A sessions or are conducting an interview of any kind, immediately ask the production staff or creatives if they plane to accuse the customer base of racism and misogyny, if the customer base criticizes the direction of newly rebooted production.
15. AVOID CUSTOMER INFIGHTING – Oftentimes SJWs will do their best to get critical customers to fight with one another. Avoid falling into this trap.
16. IGNORE PROFESSIONAL UBER FANS – Some of these entities rely on the IP for a portion of their income, so they’re motivated to keep it afloat, and mischaracterize critics. The real fight is always between the customer and the IP. Engaging with these professional fans on any level is a complete waste of time and effort, unless absolutely necessary. Oftentimes these professional fans will see a decline in their viewership/readership, so they’ll try to pick a fight with a rising star in order to get that rising star to mention their name, so they can siphon off some views.
17. DISCREDIT SJW ACTIVISTS – Nearly everything SJWs claim is false. All it takes is some time, and Googling to find that out. The Wayback Machine is a useful tool as well, to view websites and blog posts that have been altered. When hate hoaxes, false flags, and the Damsel In Distress appears, you’ve got to find the source of any claim, and clearly demonstrate that it’s unsourced, or a hate hoax/false flag, or posted by a cloned account, etc., with real supporting evidence. Immediately and publicly disassociate from any hate hoaxes/false flags, and publish all evidence of the discrediting as soon as possible. Show the evidence. Show the other side’s lack of evidence. Spread it far and wide.
18. CHANGE THE CONVERSATION – When the shill media starts talking about the Damsel In Distress Event, ignore it until you have evidence to discredit it. Instead, respond to these accusations with discussion of the misbehavior of accusatory creatives and production staff. Show where that has happened with cited evidence.
19. READ OPPOSITION MATERIAL REGULARLY – It’s the very best way to improve and hone your arguments. It’s also the best way to know what your opposition will say and do, before they say and do it. Some people may block you, but you’ll have to get around that to find out what they’re up to. Remember, all SJWs think in unison with a singular hive mind. They are slaves to political fashion trends. So predict commonly parroted arguments, and pre-compose responses with linked citations to sources ready to go.
20. SPREAD THE WORD – Publish and talk about these phases and countermeasures in any media format that you favor, to educate normal people about how all of this works and how to fight it.
21. BE WILLING TO CONSIDER ALTERNATIVE AND CONTRARY OPINIONS – This will help avoid fan infighting. It may not be what you want to hear. You may even have evidence that it is incorrect. But you have to be willing to consider multiple different opinions. That doesn’t mean you have to like the opinion, trust the opinion, or believe the opinion. Only that you’re willing to listen and mull it over. General George S. Patton once said, “If everyone is thinking the same, then someone isn’t thinking.”
22. DO NOT HIRE SJWs – If you own the IP, you risk damage to your business when you hire SJWs. Do not hire any of them under any circumstances. If you have an employee that starts prattling on endlessly about race and gender, find a way to get rid of them immediately.
23. WHEN WINNING, STOP ENGAGING WITH THEM – Once it’s absolutely clear that you’re winning the fight, stop engaging with them. Doing so only gives them relevancy and agency at this point. There’s a popular paraphrasing of an old Napoleon quote that says, “Never interfere with an enemy when he’s in the process of destroying himself.” There’s wisdom in that.
You can also watch this video:
CAN A LOST IP EVER BE RECOVERED?
After the IP has lost its luster, after the customer base has abandoned the property, after the SJW locusts have moved on to a currently popular and successful IP, and all that is left is a desiccated husk that merely shadows the original IP, can it ever be recovered or rehabilitated? Anything is possible, but I suspect that it’s very unlikely. Once something gains the stench of SJW politics, normal people rarely want anything to do with it any more, except perhaps after an extended period of time.
But if you make the attempt, be prepared to be demonized by SJWs for that as well.
When neighborhoods are destroyed due to the high crime that SJW policies inevitably facilitate, normal people flee the neighborhoods. After a time, the neighborhood becomes a ghost town. SJWs like to refer to that as “white flight,” as a way to deflect from the fact that people of all colors and backgrounds are fleeing the SJW policies that destroy neighborhoods. The neighborhood exists as nearly a ghost town for an extended period of time. Then after a while, investors start to become interested in rehabilitating the neighborhood, since the majority of the crime has now also left due to no one being around to steal from or assault. When these investors do come in and try to improve the neighborhood, that effort is demonized by SJWs as “gentrification.”
If an attempt is made to recover and revitalize a lost IP, I imagine SJWs will attempt to utilize some variation of the “gentrification” demonization, and you ought to be prepared for that.
Keep in mind that SJWs will attempt to write and publish their own version of the Geeker Gate. But also keep in mind, that efforts to do so won’t be based on any actual research, but instead will be based on bizarre hyperbolic adjective usage, and their desire to insult the “alt-right.” Their reluctance to read and do hard work gives you an advantage.
What also gives you an advantage is their inability to consider opinions other than their own. They spend their time on social media blocking anyone who disagrees with them, and seeking out only those who reflect their own ideas back at them. So they have no idea what or how other people think, and therefore can’t devise strategies to debate effectively, which is why they oftentimes have to resort to physical violence.
One last thought here. I highly recommend that you read the account of the Battlestar Galactica fiasco from 15 years ago which I’ve summarized here. It is a cautionary tale that warns fandom of the dangers of fan infighting, which SJWs are determined to provoke within every fan revolt.